FAQs: What every photographer needs to know
Keywords: gadgets, non_nikon, faq
My very dear and good Swedish friend, partner and co-founder of this community, Bo Stahlbrandt, now commuting between the German Black Forest and Slovakia, suggested I should write something about my background. So, contrary to my style, here it goes:
- 4 years as professional photographer
- 50+ years as amateur photographer, with a continuous practice and interest in learning and upgrading using several systems (Reflex Korelle, Brownie, Rollei, Exakta, Voigtländer, Yashica, Canon, Pentax, Olympus, Hasselblad, Nikon), plus
- Over 40 years of a widely varied and diverse professional management and entrepreneurial formation and hands-on experience, in an environment that makes no concessions to the poorly informed and
- Not just the willingness but also the enthusiasm to share information, in the spirit of the founders of Internet, may serve as background to attempt to answer what at photography forums are the most Frequently Asked Questions.
These FAQ's are currently divided into the following sections:
- What film camera to buy...
- What lens...
- What tripod to get...
- What monopod...
- What bag...
- What film to use...
(1 Vote )
Originally written on April 1, 2012
Last updated on December 19, 2017
More articles that might interest you
J. Ramon Palacios (jrp) on February 9, 2018
Hi, Martin. Welcome to Nikonians. On the camera you have a serial number, With that you can obtain the year of manufacture from Nikon or other sources in Internet. It is best to post questions in the forums for sooner response.
martin McGlone (martind7000) on February 9, 2018
new to nikonians, just bought d750 and would like to know if i can tell the date of manufacture from it
Michael Sass (Michael Sass) on June 28, 2014
How does a DX lens affect being used on a D4s FX system?