This is a "meta article", listing some of our articles that are relevant when you want to learn photography. The articles are written with a practical mindset by photographers who have been able to collect a lot of photography experience over the years.
If you want to discuss these articles, or ask questions on how to improve your photography, you are warmly welcome in our New to Photography Forum.
Some of our most popular how-to articles
- Understanding Depth of Field (DOF) and Aperture
- Depth of Field and Hyperfocal
- Exposure variables
- White balance
- Why the rules of third
- Leading lines
- Developing a painter's eye
- Improving your foreground
- 5 easy composition tricks
Learn from other photographers in the "Behind the image" section
Our daily "Editor's Choice" photographers talk about what they did to achieve their image.
Other articles you may find helpful
- Photography technique (from our wiki)
- Understanding Nikon Picture Control
- Understanding your camera's histogram
- Camera / Flash Cookbook
- Camera hand holding technique
- The buying FAQs by JRP (this is a bit outdated, but lots of it still valid: which camera to get? which tripod to buy?)
- Which format? JPG, TIFF or RAW?
And, there is even more to read
Here you can see all of our how-to articles in a list form.
More articles that might interest you