New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Workflow from NEF to JPG in Photoshop

Mon 14-Apr-03 04:14 PM
I am trying to work out a useable workflow from my D100 to 500x332@72dpi images suitable for the web.

My process at the moment is as follows - along with the various problems etc.

1. Transfer images via Nikon Transfer 5 - adding Shooting Data to IPTC Caption field.

2. Adjust images using Nikon Editor 5.1.4 or Capture 3.5.1

3. Using Batch in Photoshop open images using the Nikon NEF plug-in 2.2
Problem - Opens all NEF files with adjustments from the first image in the batch.

4. Process to JPG - resize, unsharp mask, watermark etc

5. "Save for Web" within Photoshop Batch
Problem - Strips out the IPTC information.

I know I could replace 3. with Batch processing in Nikon Capture, but it seems very slow & adds another step.

5. could be replaced by "Save As" with various options, but I don't think I'd get the same results with image quality.

If anyone has any suggestions, similar experiences... ??

Keeping & adding to the IPTC & EXIF metadata is a very important part of this process.

G