New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Try this approach...

Mon 07-Apr-03 07:53 AM
This worked for me, as a method of adjusting the color for flare (not shapes). It isn't perfect, but it may function as a good starting point. Let me know how this works for you, and anything you may come up with afterwards as an improvement.

1: Check flared color with eye-dropper.
2: Double click foreground color, so that you will get RGB values for that color.
3: Check correct color with eye-dropper same as above, but note the differences in the RGB values.
4: Lasso the "problem color" area.
5: Click select, feather, and 3-8 value (whatever the size selected will accomodate).
6: Go to Color Balance, and adjust values for RGB to whatever the total difference was. (Ex: If the correct Red was 129, and the flared Red was 99, ADD 30 to the Red with the color balance, and so on with the Blue and Green).

Tweak using the same above process until it's pretty close. An small saturation adjustment may help.

If anyone can improve upon this process, please let me know!

G