Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Repairing Corrupted NEF Files

jldodge

Is from: Milton, US
24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jldodge Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th Sep 2009
Tue 23-Jul-13 06:08 AM
I have a number of raw files that are corrupted. The culprit is a bad disk. In any event I cannot go back and "reshoot" these pics. When I view them in Windows Explorer as small/medium icons, all of the pics are viewable and appear to be okay. However, when I view them as large/extra large icons, they are "corrupted" with streaks and bands of colors horizontally across most of the picture.

I tried recovery software, e.g. Stellar, but they simply recovered the file in its corrupted state ... no repairs were done.

I have scoured the Internet and cannot find a solution.

Do you know of any utility software that repairs/restores a corrupted NEF file?

Thanks in advance for any help ...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Repairing Corrupted NEF Files

G