New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

reducing size and keeping image clarity

Tue 10-Sep-02 07:14 PM
Hello,
I have a d1x and it takes great crisp, clear photo's. However, I have not had great luck in resizing my photo's. I currently own (but don't know how to use real well) Nikon Capture, Qimage and Photoshop 6. I don't shoot a lot of RAW stuff (usually I use the fine or norm large file size) so my question is more with Photoshop. How do you take a photo that is real clear when full sized and reduce it in size, say to put on the web at 550 x xxx (or similar size) and keep it as clear as the original. Usually the writing fades away to jumble and so does a lot of detail. Don't know if it's just because of the size difference or if I'm doing things wrong (more likely). Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

G