New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Photoshop 7 and Nikon view 5

Fri 08-Nov-02 07:12 PM
I was downloading some pictures from my D100 and I view them first in Nikon view (because I have it set up autolaunch) and when I view the thumbnails or the actual picture in the Nikon software, the pictures look dark or a little underexposed. I open the same picutres in Photoshop 7 and they look fine, properly exposed. I have only recently noticed this difference since I am fairly new to the D100. My question is should the same picture look the same in both programs on the same monitor? I am shooting fine jpeg large in srgb1 color mode and I have the Photoshop workspace set at srgb. I tried to look if I could set the working colorspace in either Nikon view or capture but did not find any settings to change it although the picture data in nikon view shows that the picture was taken in srgb mode1. Am I totally missing something here?

G