New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

How is an image placeed on canvas in PS?

bobpilot

Is from: Washington, US
5153 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bobpilot Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2007
Mon 31-Oct-11 05:25 PM
A client ordered a print size that does not work well with the image; he ordered a 5 x 15 and a 7 x 15 looks much better. However, MPIX labs, whom I use through Zenfolio, does not offer a 7 x 15. I contacted them and they will trim a print to 7 x 15. Good for them!

What I need to do place the image on a canvas in Adobe Photoshop to get the desired size. Then use the text tool in Photoshop and write in the white border "please trim print."

Then save this as a pdf file, and order the a 10 x 15 of that image. They will trim to 7 x 15.

Can someone direct me to the steps that I need to do for this?

Thank you.
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How is an image placeed on canvas in PS?

G