New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Gitzo GT2530 Mountaineer 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod + Markins Base Plate (M10 Ball head available)

shipsupt shipsupt

Is from: San Francisco Bay Area, US
1752 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
shipsupt Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Registered since 27th Dec 2006
Wed 20-Aug-14 11:40 AM
This tripod is in excellent condition. All original accessories included. It's been a solid performer and can handle anything but the really big stuff.

Includes Markins Tripod Base TB-20 plate for added stability with the center column removed and Nikonian leg wraps.

Asking 375 GBP

I am selling to upgrade to a larger series since I'm now shooting a 300mm and expect to go a little bigger.

If you want a ball head I can include a Markins M10 in excellent condition with cover if someone wants to buy them together for a total of 500 GBP.

I'll cover shipping in the UK. Anywhere outside we can talk about splitting the actual shipping cost.

The ball head only comes as a package with the tripod, I have other plans for it if it doesn't go with the tripod.

I plan to take a few pictures, but if you're interested let me know and I'll send some over promptly.

Tripod

Ballhead

The Gitzo GT2530 Mountaineer 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs uses advanced "Carbon 6X" carbon fiber material for its leg construction. This improved tubing is stronger, lighter and as resistant as its 12 layer predecessor. Carbon "6X" is manufactured using a complex, 3-D process weaving 6 layers of carbon fiber into smooth, solid constructed tubes.

The GT2530 is ideal for use with DSLRs with 200mm lenses (up to a 300mm maximum), lightweight camcorders, and spotting scopes. It offers an excellent load capacity rating of 26.4 lbs (12 kg), and good torsional rigidity.

Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) System
The Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) system makes it quick and easy to open and close the tripod. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds.

G-Lock Design
The G-Lock mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock's special design also provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.

Redesigned Upper Discs & Bolts
This tripod features completely redesigned upper discs and bolts. The discs, which are composed of aluminum, feature a safe lock material that reduces vibrations and improves head locking. The improved high-grade stainless steel bolt design prevents it from dropping inside the column when adjusted, and makes controlling the tread length stress-free. The redesigned bolts are also corrosion and oxidation resistant.

Ground-Level Set
This feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. The upper disk is removed from the center column and inserted directly into the upper casting using the column hook. No tools required.

1mm Gitzo 6X Carbon Fiber Tube
Gitzo was able to develop a six-crossed multilayer carbon fiber 30% lighter than the previous 1.5mm generation that features the same exceptional performance of stability and vibration absorption and unbeatable quality.

Performance Design
Performance design allows the legs to be set individually at 24°, 55° and 90° to cover every angle you want to shoot.

Hook
Redesigned built-in, spring-loaded retractable hook on the bottom of the center column provides a place to hang a stabilizing counterweight such as camera, sand or water bags.

Removable Leg Tips
Removable rubber leg tips are interchangeable with Gitzo universal accessories such as the big foot, long spike, etc.

Rapid Column
Grooved Rapid center column, with locking collar, for improved stability.

G