Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

FS - Vertex Long Lens Bag - SOLD

slothead slothead

Is from: Frederick, US
2193 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
slothead Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising campaign 2017 Donor Ribbon awarded for the generous contribution to the 2015 campaign Donor Ribbon awarded for the contribution to the 2016 campaign Donor Ribbon awarded for the contribution to the 2020 campaign Nikonian since 11th Aug 2009
Sat 26-Jan-13 07:52 PM | edited Thu 10-Oct-13 02:05 PM by slothead
I am selling a Vertex long lens bag for $220 net to me (e.g., shipping and any Paypal fees are added to the $220). The following was extracted from the original Vertex page and edited for the bag as it was designed for me.

This bag was designed for a Nikon 200-400 F4 and (alternatively) a 500 F4 and sized specifically for the lens/camera combination with or without a teleconverter. The idea is to be able to pull your lens/camera combination out of the bag and start shooting immediately.

The bag is specifically designed to be mounted to a vehicle seat in a vertical position, or for backpacking to or from a shoot. The bag has ten attachment points (four on each side and two on the bottom) and is supplied with four straps that are five feet long and have a plastic adjustable quick release buckle that are connected to the bag. The attachment points on the bag also have D rings which allow you to secure the bag with bungee cords or any strong cord.

The bag is unique in that it has four long zippers which allows you to withdraw your lens/camera in a side ways motion. Most bags close with a lid type top which will not allow you to withdraw the camera when the bag is in a vertical position in a vehicle seat. You would hit the vehicle ceiling trying to pull the lens/camera out of the bag. The four long zippers allow you to pull the lens/camera out from the front, left or right side.

The bag also has three external pockets. One pocket is designed for a flash and flash cord. There is a large flat pocket that can hold a Better Beamer Flash extender and a flash Bracket. The third pocket can hold 1.4 and 2x tele converters. That pocket will also hold 12mm and 25mm extension tubes.

The entire bag is constructed out of olive drab nylon pack cloth. This fabric is water repellent, not waterproof. The bag and pockets are padded with a light weight foam. The pockets close with 2" Velcro. We use 2" Velcro specifically because of the rough roads in Africa. 2" Velcro tends to be a little noisy but it secures the pockets well. The bag has a strap inside the bag to secure the lens/camera inside. It also has external adjustable straps to snug the bag around the lens/camera.

The bag has a stiffener plate in the back and on the bottom to help maintain shape and prevent the bag from slumping. The bag has two padded shoulder straps.

The bag originally cost me $325 with customizing and shipping and has been used very little. Since I have sold all my long lenses, I really have no use for it.

Please email or PM me with any questions. Thanks.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)

Tom Retired NASA EE Consultant
Z9, Z5, Z50, N1J5, and lots o lenses
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com

Subject