Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I have ordered my Nikon Df and will write a book on it.

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Tue 05-Nov-13 01:30 PM

I received approval for writing Mastering the Nikon Df from my publisher and JRP. I am quite excited about the Nikon Df. It is a miniature Nikon D4, with a similar relationship to the D4 that the D700 had with the D3.

I wrote a 10 page review of the camera, which you will soon see posted here on Nikonians and maybe in the upcoming Nikonians eZine. I preordered my camera from our advertiser, Brad Berger, of www.Berger-Bros.com (1-800-542-8811). Brad tells me he will be receiving a shipment toward the end of the month and is now taking preorders.

While this camera won't replace my Nikon D800 for commercial work, it will become my daily carry camera, with its cool, retro AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G lens. I am looking forward to the amazing image quality and excellent high ISO response of this mini D4. Imagine having up to ISO 204,800 for emergencies. Talk about a camera for astronomy!

I am wiggling like a 3-year old on a sugar high over this camera. It has the smallest FX body yet, alleviates the need to dip into menus, having all the controls you need on the outside of the camera, and takes me back to the days of my youth. With it I will time travel to the time I was young and skinny, raising kids, struggling to afford film and processing—yet making many wonderful Kodachrome, Velvia, and Provia slides. You know, the good old days!

This camera will be the first in a new Df genre, I am sure. Remember, the first Nikon SLR back in 1959 was the Nikon F. Now we have the Nikon Df. Eventually, it will result in a mirrorless model. Retro is the new modern look! What goes around comes back around. The past is back and it is shiny, with knobs. Hurry, Brad Berger, send me my camera!

Here are a few more pictures for you to view (try not to wiggle like me):

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)

==============================================
Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) www.pictureandpen.com
"Better too many words than not enough understanding."
==============================================

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I have ordered my Nikon Df and will write a book on...
Reply message Likely I will buy it for high ISO
Reply message RE: Likely I will buy it for high ISO

G