Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How much dust on a D610 sensor is "normal"

paulamsmith

Horseshoe Valley, CA
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
paulamsmith Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Feb 2008
Sun 04-May-14 02:20 AM

I recently upgraded to a D610 from a D300. I have just returned from a trip to Africa where I shot about 2000 frames. The camera had less than 200 shutter actuations before I left. About the 1100 image count I noticed a lot of dust? marks on the sensor, most noticeable at F11 or higher. I had 2 lenses with me....a 24-85 "kit "lens and a 70-300 3.5-5.6. I did not change lenses very often . The 24-85 was on 80% of the time

My question is ..... How much dust etc is normal for a full frame camera. I did not have this issue with my D300. It is at a Nikon service centre at the moment being checked and having the sensor cleaned. But is this going to be an ongoing issue? Does one have to be prepared to clean the sensor often or is this a potential issue with the camera?

I would appreciate any thoughts and comments

Paula

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How much dust on a D610 sensor is "normal"

G