Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My relationship with a D600 only lasted 10 days

ekonstan

CY
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ekonstan Registered since 25th Apr 2014
Fri 02-May-14 02:43 PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my not so good first experience with a D600 and Nikon in general. After 2 years of research for my first DSLR, I finally settled on the D600. Because of the high cost, I decided to get a used one, which only had 1500 clicks on it.

I knew all about the dust and oil problem, but decided to risk it after the announcement by Nikon that it will fix all D600 cameras for free.

From the first day, I noticed that occasionally, an "err" message would show up on the panel and the camera would refuse to take pictures. After a couple of shutter-release button presses, it would go back to normal. Since I was a newbie, I thought I was doing something wrong.

The first time I realised that it was not my fault was 2 days ago when the camera stacked on the "err" message for about an hour. Nothing I did would make it work and that really sucked since it was during my trip to Brussels. And then it started working again, after pressing the shutter release button for about a thousand times (maybe not as much). And then it happened again the next day and that's when I decided to return the camera and get a refund.

I thought I was done with all the research about cameras. Now back to square one...

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My relationship with a D600 only lasted 10 days