Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D610 card write errors

gpoole

Farmington Hills, US
4133 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Wed 30-Apr-14 01:14 PM

My daughter has been using a D610 for her portrait and real estate photography business for about a month. When she bought the camera she got a bunch of Kingston 30MB/s 32GB SD cards.

In the last 2 days she has had 2 corrupt cards. She put about 200 raw images on the cards before the problem. She could review the images in camera without problem, but could not read either card with her Mac laptop or Windows 7 desktop. Fortunately she was able to recover her images using image recovery software. The strange thing is she went almost a month doing similar shooting sessions using these cards without errors.

Has anyone had similar problems?

In an attempt to sort out whether the fault in in the camera or the cards, I recommended that she get a couple SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s cards. I'm suspicious of the Kingston cards and also wondering about problems due to the relatively slow speed of the cards she is using. Also if the problem is the camera, using approved cards would allow her to make a much stronger argument with Nikon.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA.
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D610 card write errors