Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ChickNew

Seattle, US
117 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ChickNew Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Apr 2014
Tue 29-Apr-14 07:25 PM

I would like to know if there is an actual video tutorial demonstrating the different built-in flash modes for the D610 and when to use each. I have read several chapters about flash in a couple of books I have purchased, but even so, I remain somewhat confused.

For example, there is "Fill-Flash" and "Slow Synch" (what's the difference?). And when would I want to use rear curtain synch? I am also not sure I understand the physical parameters that cause image ghosting in front of a subject with with front-curtain synch (Fill Flash???) unless the flash fires immediate when the front curtain is first wide open and well before the rear curtain closes) though I think I understand the reason for ghosting behind the subject with rear curtain synch.

So...in short I would like to know how these work (particularly the difference between Fill-Flash and how it compares with Slow Synch) and under what conditions to use any of the other mode choices that are available. My head is thicker than others about this, apparently. I am presently uncomfortable using the built-in flash.

Thank you!!
Chick

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Flash Tutorial

G