Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My 610 Just Arrived Today!

michaelalanbielat

Buffalo, US
67 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
michaelalanbielat Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Dec 2011
Sat 29-Mar-14 01:45 AM

Right in time because I have a wedding to shoot tomorrow!

I will post some sample pics this week but so far the thing is amazing... I am coming from the D700 and the best I have noticed so far is:

1. The D610 settings are much like the D700. I know the D700 was one of the only camera's in Nikon's linup to have a customizable FN or Preview button that could go right to your Commander Mode settings. Other camera's after didn't have that... Well its back in the D610! I use that feature a ton...

2. I had the zoom in and out. Seems different from what I am used to.

3. Video mode will probably never get used. No issues, I just use my cameras to take pictures.

4. The images coming out of this thing are the perfect size! Not too big like the D800 and not 12mp like the D700. I think the 18-24mp range is great for general wedding and portrait photography. If you do high fashion, model or landscape work then the D800 is for you.

5. The ISO is mind boggling! My first shot was done at H2 and it looked as good / if not better than my D700's 3200 and 6400... I can't wait to try some light and ISO tests at the reception.

6. The White Balance is stellar. I had a hang-up with the D700 being heavy on the red tones for skin tones and it was always a chore to color correct white balance. If I didn't nail the custom white balance in camera then it was a PITA and time killer. I feel like this camera will shave off post-processing time exponentially with how much more accurate the white balance is.

7. It definitely weighs less. I picked up an after-market vertical grip as well and the weight is definitely lighter than the D700. The profile is a tad smaller as well.

Long story short, I wasn't thrilled to upgrade. I loved my D700 so much. After a couple shots I was sold and have no problem putting my D700 to the curb.

It's amazing what 2-3 years of technical advances does in this industry...

Wedding Photography Inspiration Guide (iOS App): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wedding-photography-inspiration/id624003250?ls=1&mt=8
Portrait Photography Inspiration Guide (iOS App): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/portrait-photography-guide/id764586016?ls=1&mt=8
Portfolio: www.buffalo-wedding-photographer.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My 610 Just Arrived Today!

G