Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Intermittent Power Loss in D600

Gr8lander

US
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Gr8lander Registered since 14th Jun 2010
Thu 06-Mar-14 12:05 AM

For the last two weeks, my D600 will intermittently and suddenly lose power. The top screen goes blank for anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. It does not seem to be related to actual battery power (and indeed has happened on a full battery almost every time), and changing the battery does not fix it. Some shoots it does not happen at all, other times it will happen several times. It has happened while using triggers for off camera flash, but it has also happened while shooting strictly natural light. It has happened with my 70-200 f2.8 and 24-70 f2.8, which are the lenses I use primarily.

Googling brought me information about "Dead Battery Syndrome" in the D300, and this does sound like the same problem, though I have not read other accounts of this happening with the D600. I have tried cleaning the lens and batter contacts with Deoxit, re-updating the firmware (though it was already current when this started), turning off the VR on the 70-200. I added a battery grip. Nothing seems to work consistently.

I'm somewhat reluctant to send it to Nikon with this intermittent problem. I'm thinking they are swamped with the current recall, may not be able to reproduce the issue, then I'm out the fee for shipping and evaluation. I will eventually if I can't fix the problem any other way.

Anyone who has a similar problem, or any other thoughts?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Intermittent Power Loss in D600