Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Back Button Focus on D610

msohio

Waite Hill, US
512 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
msohio Platinum Member Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his most generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Nikonian since 13th Jun 2013
Sun 26-Jan-14 03:34 PM

I want to use the back focus button and see various setup videos on YouTube and they conflict with one another. I also cannot find the answer on this forum but my tummy says it is there, I just have not found it. So a direction to that would perhaps solve my question.

I get that the D610 needs to have the AE-L/AF-L button set for AF-ON. That would be f4 on the Controls Menu. That I understand and everyone seems to agree.

My Two questions:
1-Does the camera need to be set to AF-C for Autofocus Continuous?? Some say yes, others do not mention it.

2-If yes to #1, does the Autofocus Menu item a1, or AF-C priority selection, need to be set to Release and not Focus?

Maybe the issue of AF-C versus AF-S depends on the same things as without BBF, but a couple of video were adamant that the AF-C had to be on and the focus mode on the shutter release button off. Others just say the change f4 to AF-ON and it is done.

Because Attitude is Everything
......LiveSTRONG....Mike

Visit: http://msohio.smugmug.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Back Button Focus on D610