Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D610 Remote Operation

bobgn1

US
24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bobgn1 Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Jun 2006
Mon 06-Jan-14 07:49 PM

I have just acquired the D610 in addition to my existing D200.

1st Question:
As far as I have been able to determine, the ML-L3 is the only means of remotely operating the D610. The ML-L3 is a short range remote control device that makes it hard for the photographer to be completely out of sight during remote operation.

The D200 had a cable attachment to a 10 pin connector that allowed use of the ML-3 remote and home brew remotes that worked at 50-75 or more feet. My favorite is a Radio Control remote, from the R/C airplane hobby, that allowed me to use two channels, one to focus and one to shoot the D200 while completely out of sight.

Have any D610 users come up with a means to remotely operate the D610 from longer distances than allowed by the ML-L3?

Question 2:
Ideally, I'd like to be able to mount the camera on radio controlled gimbals that would also allow me to change azimuth and elevation of the camera and then activate the focus/exposure and shutter on the camera when pointed at a subject of interest. I adapted a small video transmitter to look through the viewfinder eyepiece of the D200 and it should transport nicely to the D610, but I have not solved the problem of R/C control of azimuth and elevation.

Have any of you aware of options to remotely control azimuth and elevation of your DSLR camera?

Robert Goodwin

PS Thanks for your support. In addition to my earlier two questions, which have been nicely answered, this third (two part) question may have used up the last of my three wishes - I hope not.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D610 Remote Operation
Reply message Do a searchg RE: D610 Remote Operation

G