Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Unexpected performance from my 50mm f/1.2

piusma

Richmond/Vancouver, CA
245 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
piusma Registered since 15th Jan 2005
Sat 04-Jan-14 09:56 PM

Never really liked my 50mm f/1.2 on my D7000, somehow I've always found it too soft to my liking.

Took the 50mm f/1.2 out for a test run and would never expected a good usable image wide open. To my surprise, I found the lens very usable on the D610. I can't explain why they look so different between the D7000 and the D610. It might have to do with the higher dynamic range of the sensor? Anyhow, this is a third surprise the D610 have delivered. First was my Sigma 120-300 f/2.8, then it was my Sigma 500mm f/4.5. They both performed a lot better on the D610 than my D7000. Now the 50mm f/1.2.

At this point I have already justified my purchase as it has made 3 of my least use lenses my new favorites again.

No cropping, just out of the camera noise reduction, resize and sharpened.

My daughter Hailey shot backlit @ ISO 1600 @ f/1.2

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Steven

G