Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

d610 autofocus point selection

Shene

North Huntingdon, US
33 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Shene Registered since 30th Dec 2013
Mon 30-Dec-13 01:14 AM

If I go to rear screen view, I can move a focal point box around the screen with the AFl lock rocker switch(multi selector) but I cannot get the red focus point in the viewfinder to move using the rocker selector. I have tried to follow both the users manual and A 610 book by Douglas Klostermann. Both want me to hold the shutter release button half way down and use the rocker switch surrounding the af lock switch (set not to L)to move the red focal point. Only works to move any focal point on the rear screen but not on the viewfinder. Seems terribly clumsy to hold the shutter half way down while using the rocker switch with my right eye on the viewfinder so am I doing something wrong? In addition the red focal points in the viewfinder only flash for a second or two max so I cannot move it, just the black focus point box and move it only by repointing the camera not by using the rocker selector switch. Anybody near me have a 600 or 610 that I could come to see to get some direction. Not all that great but at least Ritz camera used to have stores and you could get some hands on help. I am in Irwin, just east of Pittsburgh, Pa.

G