Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Back Button Focus and VR

msohio

Waite Hill, US
499 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
msohio Platinum Member Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his most generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Nikonian since 13th Jun 2013
Sat 14-Dec-13 06:57 PM

I like to use Back Button focus, but detect with a new VR lens that I only hear the VR motor spin up with a half press of the release button. It may start when I press the button but stops as soon as it finds focus.

If I just punch the release button quickly using back button focus and give the VR no time to spool up, what is the effect on my image?? Do I just lose the benefit of the VR or more?

If there is some loss of IQ, then having to wait on the half press negates a big benefit of the back button focus, i.e. speed. And there is no way my brain is going to slow down enough to make this adjustment I fear.

Sorry of this has been covered, I did not find it if it has.

Because Attitude is Everything
......LiveSTRONG....Mike

Visit: http://msohio.smugmug.com

G