Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Photographing in Cold Weather - Care of Camera/Lens etc

a4str

Custer WI, US
325 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
a4str Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Jun 2012
Wed 27-Nov-13 01:35 PM

I live in Wisconsin and it gets cold here. For those of you who do photo shoots in cold weather what special care do you take of your equipment under these conditions?

I just purchased a D600 and lens kit and am anxious to try the kit, especially outdoors. But it is cold here today .

I also have a D7100 that I have used outdoors in cold weather. I keep the camera and lens in my camera bag and leave it in the bag for some time before I remove it so that the temperature difference isn't so great. Is this necessary? So far I have not experienced any ill effects but I have never been sure of what precautions, if any, are necessary to prevent damage to the camera equipment.

I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this question. Please let me know if it belongs elsewhere.

Bob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Website: http://wyndehill.vrforesters.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Photographing in Cold Weather - Care of Camera/Len...

G