Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Extended warranty after D-600 repairs for dust/oil problems

jdearman

Amarillo,Texas, US
182 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jdearman Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Nov 2005
Mon 04-Nov-13 04:48 PM

It seems to me that I saw the answer to this question on this forum ?, however, I have been unable to find it.

My 600 was just returned from Nikon LA with shutter mechanism replacement and other checks and cleanings. I returned it near the end of the original warranty as I (1) wanted to have sufficient shutter actuations ( 7366 ) to accurately depict the severity of the problem and (2) I did not want too much of the repair warranty time running concurrently with the original warranty.

I think Nikon LA told me the repair warranty was 180 days, but my gut tells me it is most likely 90 days.

Would someone please set me straight?

BTW, IMHO, the D-600 is a marvelous camera, which I use primarily with a Nikon 600mm lens for wildlife. I also want to say that I could not be more pleased with the professionalism and courtesy of the folks at Nikon LA.

Just my 2 cents worth.

JED

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G