Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D610 and LR5 Won't make nice

msohio

Waite Hill, US
499 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
msohio Platinum Member Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his most generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Nikonian since 13th Jun 2013
Thu 24-Oct-13 05:46 PM

So I have my spanking new D610. Took my first pictures this AM and find out that LR5 will not read them because the camera is so new. Which I guess means I'm out of luck in the RAW image department until the next LR5 update. 2-3 months I suppose.

I was surprised to find LR5 won't even convert them to DNG files. I guess they are a bit different than the D600 which does work I think in LR5. Grr!

Solution that comes to mind is switch my settings to shoot both RAW and JPEG Fine. Then use the JPEG's until the update. But I must transfer the RAW files to my hard drive(s) so I can load them after the update and properly work on them then.

Is this the right plan or is there a simple, note simple, work around??

Thanks in advance for the help.

Because Attitude is Everything
......LiveSTRONG....Mike

Visit: http://msohio.smugmug.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D610 and LR5 Won't make nice

G