Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Getting close but need advice

msohio

Waite Hill, US
499 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
msohio Platinum Member Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his most generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Nikonian since 13th Jun 2013
Mon 21-Oct-13 06:54 PM

I posted previously in another forum about lenses and now know that my lineup of primes (20,24,50,85 and 105) are good to go on a full frame D610. I also have a 70-300 AF-ED which I think is alright for FX, not the new VR one.

I do have a bunch of DX zoom lenses that will not work with FX but will with DX.

The reason for the post is to confirm that I can shoot these DX zooms if I choose to on the new D610. I shoot mostly primes, but sometimes when I travel a zoom is handy. I think what I read is that I can use these DX lenses but only with about 10-12 MP image in RAW, so like my D7100.

My way on convincing myself is that I rarely use longer lenses and so I gain wide angle a bunch and get full frame resolution in the bargain while not losing the status quo of the DX lenses I have. I love the D7100 but the appeal of full frame given my short focal length primes is a serious pull to "just do it" and get the wide angle view I so miss in DX.

Tell me YES I can use these DX lenses in DX mode on the D610 and my primes in FX on the D610, and Adorama will love you. Please disclose if you are an Adorama employee while telling me the facts....lol

Thankie.

Because Attitude is Everything
......LiveSTRONG....Mike

Visit: http://msohio.smugmug.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Getting close but need advice