Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Dumped my D600 -- Other options?

MrSpock2013

CA
55 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MrSpock2013 Registered since 29th May 2013
Fri 11-Oct-13 12:47 PM

So I've had my D600 for a year now. The camera was plagued with the now well-known oil spot issue on the sensor (I won't beat that dead horse any more).

In short: I sent the body to Nikon Canada twice for repairs with no improvement. They sent me a brand new body two weeks ago, and after 200 frames, the oil spots reappeared. I requested a full refund from the customer service supervisor, I sent the camera back, and my cheque is in the mail.

Subsequently, I just purchased a new Fuji x100s. This is the first time in 20+ years that I bought a non-Nikon camera. And the D600 was my first step into the DSLR world as I still shoot film.

I realize the Fuji rangefinder won't be able to do things a DSLR can do, and vice versa. Bottom line: I want another Nikon DSLR but I refuse to get the D610 until some time has passed, and it's free from manufacturing problems. I don't want the D800E because it's even bigger than the D600, and not worth the extra $1,000. But I love the full frame format.

With a bag full of Nikon lenses and flashes (but no digital body), can anyone recommend a solid alternative to the D600? Is it possible to get FX-quality images from a DX camera?

Thanks for any advice and insight you might have.

Mark

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Dumped my D600 -- Other options?

G