Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

AF Issues with my D600?

mfrankel

Durango, US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mfrankel Silver Member Nikonian since 24th May 2013
Sat 28-Sep-13 06:38 PM

Early last month I bought a referb D600 from Cametta & took it on a just completed 2 week vacation to Alaska. I took 3 lenses, 28-70 AFS 2.8D, 70-300 VR AFS & 80-400 AF.

No matter what lens was mounted, whatever the distance to the subject from close up to mid range to landscape horizons, the only way to get a sharp AF image was to zoom to the maximum focal length of the lens, then AF on the subject, then lock the focus & zoom back to frame the picture. At all other focal lengths less than the max for the lens, the AF system was way off to the short side. All subjects were still.

This happened whether using 39 or 11 focus points, on both AF-S & AF-C settings & at all center weight settings. I tried the AF "fine tune" setting to the max allowable but AF was still way off. I've never experienced anything like this so I'm either doing something wrong or there is something seriously wrong with the camera's AF system.

I'm taking a trip to Ireland in 2 weeks so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G