Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
nikonian10

Winnipeg, CA
105 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nikonian10 Registered since 30th Oct 2008
Wed 18-Sep-13 08:12 PM

I'm noticing more that D600 AF is not as great as I thought it would be or I'm doing something wrong here.

I was shooting engagement couple outdoor and in instances where the couple is walking towards the camera about 20-30 feet away the camera focuses on the background instead of subject. I was using 70-200 VR1 lens, single point focus, set 11 AF points, camera set to focus priority, no back button set to AF-ON. I've tested on both AF-C and AF-S modes and same thing would occur. Half of my images were blurry because camera was focused on background but initially I focused on face. Does anyone have any suggestions here as to what's the best method to shoot a couple when they are walking towards camera? Any other suggestions?

Twitter
Facebook

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: AF in D600 issue