Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Received My Refurb D600 From Adorama Today...

JerryLoSardo

Frederick, US
1097 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JerryLoSardo Gold Member Charter Member
Tue 17-Sep-13 11:47 PM

Some of you may have read my other post about how I jumped the gun Sunday night and pulled the trigger on a refurbished D600, only to wake up Monday morning to find that the D600 is no longer on the MAP list (meaning that dealers are now free to set their own prices). After laughing about my impeccable timing, I decided to let the purchase go through, and the camera body was waiting for me tonight when I got home.

All seems to be well; looks and functions as if it were brand new; came with about 1040 shutter actuations; and, interestingly, it seems to be a later model with serial no. 307XXXX.

I ran it through some paces this evening, no complaints. Curiously, I thought the compressed 39-point autofocus would bother me, but it does not. Noticeably heavier than my D7100 but also noticeably lighter than a D700. Of course, the 24-120 f/4 mounted on the D600 contributes to that weight.

And, even though I swore I wouldn't do it, yes, I did check for dust, but only out of curiosity. Sensor is pretty darn clean; only a few random spots which I don't find out of the ordinary, and which is very similar to spots I currently have on the D7100. Not an issue at all as of now, and I'm perfectly prepared to clean the sensor myself if necessary.

I would not hesitate to purchase this camera again. Since the D600 price is expected to drop very soon, I would strongly recommend considering purchasing this camera. Very satisfied with this Adorama refurb model. I hope this helps someone who may be sitting on the fence.

Jerry LoSardo
Frederick, Maryland

Visit My Nikonians Gallery

G