Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Impact of "oil/dust" problem on D600 trade-in value

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
Garys

Mesa, US
234 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009
Mon 02-Sep-13 08:14 PM

I purchased a D600 last November. It was the fourth one that I purchased between October and November as the first three had problems and instead of returning them to Nikon for repair I returned them to the seller for a refund.

Now I have checked for the, “oil/dust”, problem and noticed that at f/22 – f/32, the issue exists. I do not shoot at these f/stops and have never noticed the problem before. I was not going to do anything about this as my camera works great.

Now that the price of a new D600 has gone down, I guess my D600, as a future trade-in will also lose value. To further compound the issue, if a D610 is released to replace the D600, the trade-in value will drop even further.

Does it make sense for me to send my D600 to Nikon, under warranty, to have the issue repaired? Then next month, if the D610 is announced I could offer my D600 including the repair info, for sale and ask for a higher price or will it make any difference?

----
Gary

Visit MY Nikon Gallery: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=13361&ppuser=0

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Impact of "oil/dust" problem on D600 trade-in value

G