Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 outfit stolen from South San Francisco

sj_patel

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sj_patel Registered since 20th Aug 2013
Tue 20-Aug-13 10:24 PM

Let me start off with this:

I loved my D600 that I bought last November (2012). On our vacation last week, our rental car got broken into and my entire bag of camera, 3 lenses, SB800 and other goodies was stolen along with another bag of Canon equipment. So, if you are going to South San Francisco, don't leave your gear in your car -- especially at Denny's on 10 Airport Blvd.

The above brings me to my current predicament: should I buy another D600? I started doing more research and i was hit with countless threads on Dust and Oil issues. Being curious, I looked at some of the old shots and there they were - many of them hiding in plain sight.

So, the question is: should I or should I not go back to D600?

I ask this because a lot of forums seem to indicate that this issue has gotten better. Sites like NikonRumors.com, Nikonians.com and DPReview seem to indicate this is normal in most cases. Google Trends shows declining trend for "D600 oil" search as well.

help please?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 outfit stolen from South San Francisco