Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is the D600 good enough to make the DX to FX switch?

JohnE Nikon

New HArtford, US
932 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JohnE Nikon Registered since 15th Jun 2010
Thu 20-Sep-12 05:06 PM

I want to hear from some with experience who have made the DX to FX switch.
I currently have the D7000 and am considering it, although I am happy with this camera.

I would need a good zoom at the wide end...? 16-35 4.0 or the 17-35mm 2.8? Any comments welcome.
I already have a few other FX lenses but would need this.

I guess my question is for those of you that made the switch would you recommend it? Did it live up to your expectations?

I have been reviewing some of the spec's on lenses and realize that shooting FX is quite demanding on the lenses especially at the edges. I am used to shooting the sweet spot of my lenses with DX. Did this bother anyone who made the switch? Does it negate some of the image quality gains made by using a larger sensor?

For me the downsides I see are some of my lenses wont be used with FX and the price to entry is at least $3G as I would have to get at least one lens and probably eventually more ? 28-300. 24-70 etc
I also lose reach but don't shoot wildlife that much now so it's less important.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

JohnE Nikon
https://plus.google.com/photos/104310967428146619677/albums?hl=en

https://picasaweb.google.com/104310967428146619677

"Cameras and lenses are simply tools to place our unique vision on film. Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colors and your images will stir the soul." Jack Dykinga

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is the D600 good enough to make the DX to FX switch...

G