Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Save AF Fine Tune settings

dezignit

Melbourne, AU
14 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dezignit Registered since 31st May 2013
Thu 27-Jun-13 01:29 PM

Hello All, I need some help desperately. After many years of owning Nikons, I have just purchased a new D600 and I have to say that for the first time I am seriously contemplating my choice! Apart from a raft of other problems, I am experiencing a strange issue with the "List Saved Values" functionality in the AF Fine Tune section.

Scenario: I set up my 24-70 f2.8 lens and list it as number 01 with a fine tune value of +0.6. The camera recognizes the lens no problem and allows me to apply the tuning values.

Should I then change lenses to my 70-200 f2.8, the lens description remains what was the case for the 24-70. Even if I assign another value to the fine tune or the lens number, the description remains the same. It appears that I am unable to add more lenses to the table of twelve which essentially means that when I change lenses over, the associated fine tune settings remain the same. It also appears as though the lens is not recognized by the camera when I change over. However, if I delete the lens in the table / menu, then the new lens is automatically recognized, but I then have the same problem in reverse. I hope this is as clear as mud - LOL!

Does any one know how this feature works? Surely one should be able to change over lenses and the fine tune data should automatically be recognized??? Please help, I have spent a lot of money and I am bitterly disappointed with this camera already.

Thank you,

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Save AF Fine Tune settings

G