Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Impressed with the D600...!

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Thu 23-May-13 08:45 AM

My wife moved to FX a few months ago, with a D600. When taking a two-week cruise vacation recently, we decided to take it rather than one of my D3s's, in order to cut down on weight and bulk. Although the camera feels quite different in the hand, it met our aims admirably

One shot that I think even the D3s would have found tricky was the one below. This is the full frame, shot with the 70-200mm f/4G at 200mm, handheld with VR on Active. Aperture priority, f/5.6 at 1/800th, ISO 100.

The ship was moving around some, and the gull was following alongside but in a pretty erratic manner making it rather difficult to track. The D600's AF system (in Dynamic-area, 9 points) handled it very well, I think!

Out of interest, the camera did seem to collect more sensor dust than I would have expected, but it just wasn't a problem in practice.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Impressed with the D600...!

G