Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

That's it?? Sensor cleaning

poc

US
325 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
poc Registered since 08th Jan 2008
Sun 12-May-13 01:43 AM

After reading about this dreaded issue for several months, I decided to take the leap and give this a try for myself. My dust problem, although quite noticeable, does not appear to be as significant as some have reported.

So I received my loop from Visible Dust and sensor cleaning kit from Dust Aid as recommended by several Nikonians. It took a glass of wine to convince myself that I could live with myself if I totally screwed up my new camera.

A number of white particles were clearly visible with the loop. These would not budge with the Rocket blaster. The dust aid stamp tool removed some specs but it seemed as if it left others. Still, the original more obvious specs remained in the same spot. Out came the sensor wipe with the solution. I made a couple of passes with the wet cloth and was able to remove the original spots... but a couple of new ones emerged. I then took the rocket blaster again and wow, a clean sensor.

I expected a complex process, but unless I am missing something, this is as simple as it is described by members of this forum. We'll have to see how it behaves over the next few shoots, but the whole process took just a few minutes. So far, no apparent damage to the camera.

I will be trying a small vacuum this week (as I posted earlier in this forum) to see if I can remove any loose debris in the camera. Hoping that this will decrease the likelihood of repeat dust.

Will update with any new findings.

POC

http://cabreraphoto.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: That's it?? Sensor cleaning