Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Jamed600

Naperville, US
490 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Jamed600 Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2013
Wed 24-Apr-13 03:23 PM

We had a birthday party last weekend and I decided to shoot with my new D600 and SB700 flash. I am not very experienced with flash and knowing I would be shooting fast moving kids I decided to shoot in auto scene mode and chose 'Party'. All went well until I really looked at pics later- color balance changes, subjects too bright or too dark, etc. eventually found that the scene mode had changed every few shots so first three were in party, some were in 'dog' (I can't tell my wife I shot her in dog!) some were 'food', 'sports' etc.
I went back to Darrell's book (pg 183) and I believe I did everything right in setting it up. I thought maybe you had to press 'OK' after selecting the scene mode to lock in on that selection but nothing is said about that. The only thing I can assume is that after you set the scene mode if you inadvertently rotate the main command dial while shooting that changes the scene mode; that would be a terrible oversight in programming.
Fortunately I shot a grey card at the start of the afternoon and shot in raw so not too much was lost- maybe I am just better off shooting in A and ignoring the auto stuff? However, I would like to know what I did wrong. Jim B

G