Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 Auto White Balance

sunilchand

US
25 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sunilchand Registered since 05th Dec 2012
Mon 25-Feb-13 03:46 PM

Hi there,
I have been using my D600 for the past 2 months now and wanted to share one particular observation with the group. Prior to this i used the D7000 and had found that the AWB in most cases did not result in the most desirable results - i usually had better luck when i explicitly chose one of the fixed settings (Daylight, cloud etc.).
However, with the d600 i have noticed that the AWB settings are really awesome. Now when I am outside I really don't bother to pick one of the standard settings but just leave it in Auto. The auto values seem to be way better than the standards. I was curious to see what other users feel about this comment. I know I have read books and articles in the past that had urged you to "NOT" use the AWB setting - but with the technical advancements in the cameras now, I wonder if we should still heed those advices..
Thx,
S

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 Auto White Balance