Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Telephoto lens in DX mode on D600

polarpics

Ontario, CA
244 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
polarpics Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Jan 2013
Thu 14-Feb-13 01:48 PM

Has anyone tried to use the DX mode with a 300mm or above lens? I'm curious to learn if the cropped picture has enough pixel density for 11X16 prints. I'm getting ready to order a Nikon 300mm f4 lens and wondering about density. My 300s worked great with the 1.5X factor at large print sizes and it had a 12mp sensor. TIA

Bill

Cold weather photography makes a VR lens your best friend. Think violent shivering. :-)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Telephoto lens in DX mode on D600

G