Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
GodFather2u

San Jose, US
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
GodFather2u Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2012
Wed 30-Jan-13 03:41 AM

D600 with 700 shutter clicks no dust until I notice two spots. One right in the center and the other directly to the left as I'm looking through the view finder. Both spots are within the area where the 39 AF points would show up. Showed up on my 700th shutter click. Not bad I said to myself considering the other two D600s only made it less than 400 shutter clicks.

Anyway, I start reading the thread "Zen and the Art of Digital Sensor Maintenance" in preparation of my first real cleaning. Most of my cleaning have just been using my large rocket blower and wiping contact points. I even bought a Loupe, sensor brushes, the whole bit...almost $300.00 worth of cleaning stuff from B&H. I looked through the loupe and saw nothing. The sensor was clean. I check the mirror and it's also clean.

So I upload my photos onto my computer and those dot spots are no where to be seen...BUT I still see them through the view finder. I wipe down the view finder, clean all my lens, and just to be safe I even did a dry cleaning of the sensor. Anyone else have this situation? Where are the two spots coming from? Also the spots are there even with the camera off and I'm looking through the viewfinder. Am I thinking this too much? Help

-Gerry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G