Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Available Light Shots

mpage

San Jose, US
351 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mpage Registered since 29th Jun 2004
Mon 21-Jan-13 02:15 PM | edited Mon 21-Jan-13 03:12 PM by mpage

I drive a taxicab, in part, to earn money to spend on Nikon equipment. Last night we got a call from the 49ers for 15 cabs to go to the new San Francisco 49ers Stadium in Santa Clara, to provide rides for the returning team. They flew into San Jose and were bussed to the Santa Clara Stadium.

Here are two available light shots using the D600 with the Nikon 70-200mm VR II without flash. I shot 6400 ISO with a monopod at 1/30th of a second and f/2.8.

It was extremely dark, darker than these test shot would indicate. The only light was from a few parking lot lights, and the construction lights from the Stadium. The parking lot lights had an amber tone to them.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

BTW after waiting for over two hours, we did not get any fares. The 49ers' staff dismissed us, telling us that they no longer needed our services. They did not offer a service charge. They have no class!

It goes without saying: GO BALTIMORE
Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

-Mark-

My Nikonians Gallery

G