Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Including the Sun in the Frame

TheColoradoImage

US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
TheColoradoImage Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Dec 2012
Mon 31-Dec-12 01:22 AM | edited Tue 01-Jan-13 03:00 AM by TheColoradoImage

The first warning in the owners manual of the D600 says to not include the sun in the frame due to a fire hazard. I'm guessing that some time in the past this has happened to someone so Nikon includes this as a disclaimer. I can't imagine not including the sun in the frame in numerous ways. Any thoughts?

New comment: I asked this same question to nikonusa customer services and got the same answer in a reply email. The answer quoted the manual then went on to discuss the sun in the frame during live view and the dangers of eye damage if looking at the sun through a lens. He also said, if it was his D600, he wouldn't take a chance at damaging the sensor. Funny thing, they have images in their sample photos on their website that include the sun.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Including the Sun in the Frame

G