Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help with FX techniques please.

stash

US
679 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
stash Gold Member Charter Member
Sun 23-Dec-12 06:17 PM | edited Sun 23-Dec-12 06:33 PM by stash

Fellow Nikon users, I need some assistance, please. I finally had some time to play with my new D600 kit. I have tried 3 lenses, 50mm 1.8D, 24-85 kit lens, and a 70-300 VR. The images seem to be soft. I have been a Nikon user for many years 20+ and never had this issue, BUT never had a FX either. So am I doing something wrong?
I remember when I had my D300 and took it to my camera shop and tried the NEW at the time 16-85VR, WOW! I was blown away at the sharpness, and bought it on the spot. The D600 and any of the lenses I mentioned has not done this. It must be with the FX system but I cannot find out what it is?
Maybe I have to use higher F-stop vs. the one I used with the DX on the D300. The focal range seems to be short too. I used the 50mm 1.8 and set it on the sweet spot of F8. I still do not have this WOW factor. Maybe I need to fine-tune the lenses? Not sure how?

I am still concerned about the dust issue, BUT at this time the image quality is more important.
I still may return it and wait a few months for a replacement.

Thanks for any help.

Stash

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help with FX techniques please.

G