Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Cerulean

La Paz, BO
287 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Cerulean Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Oct 2009
Wed 12-Dec-12 09:05 PM | edited Wed 12-Dec-12 09:10 PM by Cerulean

Friends:

A flash usage question on my D600 Using Aperture Priority f/8:

On the ISO sensitivity settings I set ISO Sensitivity to 100, ISO Sensitivity control ON, Maximum Sensitivity 4000, Minimum Shutter Speed AUTO. I place my SB-910 Flash on camera in TTL-BL mode and take pictures in evening situation. (Not that dark). The camera seems to use very slow shutter speeds even though there is flash, resulting in blurred images. When I change the ISO Sensitivity to 3000. The shutter functions faster and there is no longer a blur.

My question is that given the initial settings of ISO 100, why doesn't the camera automatically raise the ISO to prevent slow shutter speeds (and blurry shots)? Why did I have to change that setting to ISO 3000 so that the camera would use a faster shutter speed and get sharper pictures (If AUTO ISO is set and allows for a faster ISO)?

Thanks amigos.

Migs

“ Your first 10000 photographs are your worst." – Henri Cartier-Bresson

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G