Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mpage

San Jose, US
351 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mpage Registered since 29th Jun 2004
Tue 04-Dec-12 02:55 AM | edited Tue 04-Dec-12 05:37 AM by mpage

The D600 arrived today and I am charging the battery.

First Observation: The cats are much more interested in the B&H shipping box than the camera.

Second Observation: Since the battery is charging, I cannot look at the sensor. But I did use the new VisibleDust loupe and saw 5 or 6 small dust particles on the mirror and some on the camera chamber below the mirror. Five minutes with the rocket blower removed much of the dust. Had I not removed this dust, it might of found its way onto the sensor when taking the first shots.

Recommendation: Even if you do not have a loupe, assume there is dust on the mirror and in chamber of a new camera. Use a bulb blower for five minutes with the camera opening pointed down. In addition, regularly use the bulb blower on the chamber to remove dust.

Remember, never use canned compressed air because these products contain a lubricant in the propellent that can foul a sensor.

-Mark-

My Nikonians Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 Arrived