Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon d 600 vs d300 pictures to share

agvsdv

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
agvsdv Registered since 16th Sep 2012
Tue 30-Oct-12 01:33 AM

Fellow Nikonians:
Well here are the first 50 pics comparing the D300 and D600 to be viewed at http://flickr.com/photos/avintensity/. These pictures were shot hand held with: D300 with f4 12-24 Dx lens vs D600 with 14-24 Nikon f2.8. All were shot manual with identical iso and fstops with shutter speeds that were dictated by the ttl light meter. Shutter speeds are not recorded on flickr as this took some time to create. You will notice the shots are next to each other for comparison purposes. As some background, I do primarily landscape photography but "grew up" with film and have wanted an FX camera when the price became semi-reasonable. The 12-24 Dx lens is the only Dx lens I have. The telephoto lens used was the nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR lens. My first impressions with the D600 is that it is clearly lighter and yet fits nicely in my hand. As I was taking these fall shots the D600 locked into AF focus with rare wobble as the correct light reading was being taken with the control knob whereas the D300 was frequently trying to compensate by 0.7 EV which was annoying. The dynamic range is amazing as one might expect with the D600 and the colors "pop". No post processing was done and standard color was chosen in the picture control menu. These are very good lenses which makes a big difference. As a landscape shooter I especially appreciated the high iso performance with aperatures f13-f22 with the D600. I will admit some of the shots don't make much sense relative to the lens used but I was just putting the cameras through the rigors of shooting. I look forward to comments and would like to thank the many nikonians from whom I have learned much in my research of cameras,lens etc.
Alex

G