Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
EYeye

FORT WORTH, US
411 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
EYeye Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2012
Mon 29-Oct-12 09:33 PM

I was shooting some post sunset shots and noticed that altho I had in the shooting menu "set" the ISO to 1000, and had set the Auto ISO to on (enabled), with a maximum 3200 ISO, 1/60 minimum shutter speed,

UNLIKE what I had experienced in the past:
1} set aperture on f8 (24-85mm 3/5/4.5 VR),
2} pushed ISO button and held it (bottom left on rear) while used subcommand wheel to set NOT in auto ISO, - so - ISO was "set" at 1000,
3} used command wheel (WITHOUT pressing ISO button)and it operated to increase ISO incrementally which also set shutter speed higher (the desired result - but in the past I would have had to push the ISO button to change ISO, and now simply operating the command wheel changed ISO without pushing ISO button at same time)

BUT AFTERWARD: looked at ISO setting in shooting menu, and NOW my ISO was not set to 1000, but rather to the highest ISO I had dialed with the command wheel, and my Auto ISO was NOT enabled!

ALSO: I was then UNABLE to hold ISO button down, then dial command wheel to change ISO (and, Auto ISO was NOT enabled!)It simply changed ISO as I dialed command dial WITHOUT pushing the ISO button. MY SHOOTING MENU SETTING ON ISO HAD CHANGED WITHOUT MY CHANGING IT (I hope this makes sense - I had not gone into the menu to change ISO setting and now Auto ISO was set to "off".)

However, I could still "select" auto ISO with ISO button held down, and subcommand wheel to "select" Auto ISO.

IN THE PAST: if I DID NOT select ISO, I could change ISO by pushing the ISO button, dialing the ISO desired with the command wheel, OR by pushing the ISO button and dialing "Auto ISO" with subcommand wheel and let the camera "select" proper ISO for the aperture set (which altered shutter speed).

Is this D600 functioning as mapped? Or has it "lost its mind"?

EYeye

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: ISO and Auto ISO
Reply message RE: ISO and Auto ISO - Problem resolved

G