Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manual aperture control

BGD600

UK
317 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BGD600 Registered since 19th Sep 2012
Wed 03-Oct-12 02:16 PM

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused as to how the 600 works with older lenses that have a manual aperture control - as I understand it, this functionality could be used to change the aperture while using the video function, or indeed when shooting stills (just for the hell of it).

I come from a D80 background where using lenses without internal motors was fine on account of af the motor screw built into the body (which the d600 also has), however to make use of this it was necessary to lock the aperture on the lens to the smallest possible.

In the case of my 50mm f/1.8 that meant locking it at f/22 and letting the camera body take care of the rest - so my quesion is, can I now just attach the 50mm to the body without locking the aperture and just twist the aperture control on the lens if I feel like it??

G