Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Live view functionality

ihchiro

Santo Domingo, DO
201 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ihchiro Registered since 05th Feb 2014
Tue 05-Aug-14 06:29 PM | edited Tue 05-Aug-14 06:33 PM by ihchiro

Hi to all fellow Nikonians,

I have something to ask.
I was trying tethered shooting with my camera and LR in a kind of a studio situation.
Tripod use, product photography, with my d610.
I realized that every time I connect something to the usb port, be it a cable or the wu-1b, the live view gets disabled.
In LR tethered mode I only have shutter release control, but I have to go to the camera to control overall camera settings. This doesn't botther me in the exposure settings departement, but losing the ability to enter live view and do precise focus while zooming to any part of the frame does.
Is there a way to activate live view in the camera while connected to LR tethering?
Is there another software that allows the overall LR tether functionality and live view access.
I have used the nikon wireless utility in smartphones and tablet, but I find It very lacking.
Also tried dslr dashboard, so much better than the NWU, but only works in android, I find pc use more convenient than phones and tablets in the long run.
Thanks.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Live view functionality

G