Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why would this happen?

LMMiller9

Potomac, US
1168 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
LMMiller9 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2005
Sun 10-Jun-12 03:13 PM

My D800 is set to shoot in RAW only and most of my settings are not unusual. But... Something strange happened this past week while in St. Petersburg, RU, which has nothing to do with the location.

I am using Nikon Transfer, ViewNX and NX2. Normally, the size of my photos is 40-44 MB. When I open them in NX2 I can adjust the slide for the exposure compensation. Suddenly, for no reason I can figure out, this function is inactive.

Second, when I save to a jpg, as "Good Balance" the initial file size is 1.5 to 3MB depending on the photo. Suddenly, when I do the same, the file size is only 15-300KBs, and when I enlarge to 100% it is totally pixelated.

It is not a computer software problem because it did the same thing both on my laptop and my desktop when I got home. I shot some test shots at home and it did the same thing. I searched through the settings on the camera and could not find anything that I might have accidentally changed.

Giving up, I reset, rebooted the camera and it went back to normal.

What would have caused this? Any suggestions

Larry Miller, Potomac, MD
DF/D810
http://lmmillerphotography.smugmug.com/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why would this happen?

G